Ask nanny Frankie: babies-and-the-city

Ask me anything about a baby and I will venture an educated guess based on 60 years' experience. Nanny Frankie has been dealing with infants and children for over 60 years. NO! I'm not that old. My experience began at age 7. These years can hold some amazing knowledge, complete with solutions. Every day we are confronted with choices. Which ones are right or would offer happier results?


    My mother says this.

        My friend insists on that.

           The 'net knows only these.
   
--     Experience is by far the best teacher. Sometimes the answers are not right or wrong. The child and the caretaker vary in every case. Everyone is different and special in their own way. If you put your heart and soul into the love of children you can be a terrific nanny. If you are only looking for a job, don't apply. It is the most important, difficult, and rewarding of all employment. The money varies but the job still must come from the love of babies and children.
When I was just a young child my parents would entertain guests. They would bring the kids along in most cases. If the infant was fussy or needed anything, my mommy would say: "just give this baby to Frankie, she has a way with babies, they love her!" Nanny Frankie was only 7 or 8 but she could always make them go to sleep or make them happy or smile or settle them easily. Even at an early age, the love of little ones was natural and came from a heart filled with love and concern for these "weak needy little humans".
"weak needy little humans"

I raised my own 3 daughters, several nieces and nephews, and now have 8 grandchildren. In all these years of working with and loving children, the novelty I gain only grows stronger. I have professional degrees in Secondary Education - Primary Education, special needs education, and managed a day care center for 5 years. I have lived in Israel for 17 years. Teaching here was not a good experience for me. So I became a nanny (metapelet). I would love to share this amazing journey with anyone who would like to learn how to be a happy and successful nanny.
in the next weeks nanny Frankie will share here experiences. Anything you would like to discuss, let me know. What it takes to be a good nanny or a great mommy or daddy or maybe a loving grand parent, aunt, uncle, or super friend to any baby is coming up soon... from the 'city' ~ Nanny Frankie

Comments